root on the cliq xt
i have only done this on the motorola cliq xt. i dont know what else it works on.
make sure when you plug the phone in via usb it is on charge only. also, make sure to have usb debugging enabled (settings > applications > development)
2) install the motorola drivers from here
3) download and extract this zip archive
4) open up the command prompt and do the following steps:
adb devices, this should list the device attached
- for the next few steps i am going to assume the root_cliq folder is in d:
adb push d:root_cliqSuperuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk
adb push d:root_cliqsu /sdcard/su
adb push d:root_cliqrageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
adb push d:root_cliqinstall-root.sh /data/local/tmp/install-root.sh
chmod 0755 rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin
chmod 0755 install-root.sh
make sure you phone stays attached to the pc!!
5) now, on the phone, download and install a terminal emulator. i use connectbot.
6) open the terminal emulator and do the following steps:
wait until you see this on the screen:
[+] Forked xxxx childs.
then close out of the emulator.
7) re-open the terminal emulator and do the following steps:
- (if the script prints nothing, then it was successful)
now you have rooted your phone.