i have been attempting to teach myself photoshop, illustrator and flash. this will be a bunch of the stuff i have made via tutorials i have found.
below is some design i did using photoshop and illustrator and photoshop. the one with the girl on the bench (its julianne moore) was done in photoshop and the rest were done in illustrator.
webmin is a great gui tool for a server. i have been using it in slackware and tested it in ubuntu server as well. while it does not replace the command line (nothing will) it is a handy addition and provides many tools that make configuration much easier.
add these to your
deb http://download.webmin.com/download/repository sarge contrib
deb http://webmin.mirror.somersettechsolutions.co.uk/repository sarge contrib
now import the gpg key
sudo apt-key add jcameron-key.asc
sudo apt-get update
now install webmin
sudo apt-get install webmin
to access webmin, open a browser, and then go to https://you-server-ip:10000/
(replacing your-server-ip with the local ip of the box you installed webmin on)
you will then be prompted for username and password. you will either need to assign a password to root or log in using a user with root privileges.
- open the cell you want to work with
XMarkerHeadingin the object window
- drag the
XMarkerHeadingto the cell and place it (the arrow is the front of the mannequin)
- next, do a search for
PlayerHouseMannequinin the object window
- drag the
PlayerHouseMannequinto the cell and place it.
- with the mannequin selected, go to the toolbar in the creation kit, and click the ‘T’ inside of a cube. this is to create a trigger – once the create trigger window opens, do a search for mannequin and then double click on
MannequinActivateTrig– this will create a box around the mannequin. this will be our player trigger.
- now double click on the mannequin and open the reference window and go to the Linked Ref tab. below keyword, double click on the white space, which will open the Choose Reference window. click on Select Reference in Render Window, the mouse cursor now looks kind of like a bulls-eye – now you want to double click on the
XMarkerHeading. click ok.
- now, still in the reference window for the mannequin, go over to the Active Parents tab and put a check in the box for Parent Activate Only. now, double click in the white space below Active Parent Ref and click on Select Reference in Render Window, then double click on the red box surrounding the mannequin.
- now double click on the trigger box opening the reference window and got to the Primitive tab and put a check in the box for Player Activation.
- now double click on the
XMarkerHeadingopening the reference window and go to the Linked Ref tab. below keyword, double click on the white space, which will open the Choose Reference window. click on Select Reference in Render Window, the mouse cursor now looks kind of like a bulls-eye – now you want to double click on the mannequin.
- now move your
XMarkerHeadingover the mannequin and your done.
next is to go in game and test out the mannequin.